What kind of Spiritual Community are You?
If you like Oprah Winfrey, Walt Whitman, Wayne Dyer, Eckhart Tolle, or the movie, The Secret, you’ll love Foothill CSL! We are a New Thought Community with Transcendental relatives such as Ralph Waldo Emerson and Whitman. People of all religions attend and are welcome to become members or not.
We are a community which supports acceptance and respect for all people no matter what their gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
What We Believe
- We believe there is a Power for Good in the universe and we can use it to make our lives better.
- We believe we are never separate from our Good/our God unless we believe we are.
- We believe we can change our lives by simply changing our minds.
- We believe everything in life is either an expression of Love or a call for Love no exceptions.
- We believe we are each whole, perfect, and complete just as we are. There may be some thought and/or behaviors we want to let go of, but we don’t need to add anything.
- We believe in the power of community, prayer, support and fun. We are here for God to express greater is us as us.
Something wonderful is always on the verge of happening!
What does the Center Believe About Who God is?
God is not human and has no gender or limiting human emotions such as anger, wrath, vengefulness or jealousy. God does not ever deny us or punish us, but as provided by the Law of Cause & Effect, whatever we believe, we create. We never view the consequences of our freedom of choice as punishment by God. We stop telling God how big our problems are and begin telling our problems how big our God is.
What do you teach children?
We teach them that they are spiritual beings living in a spiritual universe governed by spiritual laws having a human experience. Our teaching methods involve very little talking, lots of crafts and games to celebrate their spirit, and they always come away with an affirmation for the week. Our children have much less to unlearn about being the Presence themselves.
What is a Licensed Practitioner?
They are men and women in the church who have studied for at least 5 years and are prepared to do spiritual counseling and praying. They pray individually with congregants after church on Sundays and offer private spiritual coaching sessions as well.
Does the Center require that you give a portion of your check to the Center?
No, giving to the church is optional and we embrace all that come to our center regardless of their contributions. We do encourage people to financially support where they are spiritually fed.
Are You Associated with Scientology?
No, there is no relation or connection to Scientology. We are associated with the United Centers for Spiritual Living.
How do I become a Member of the Center?
There is no fee or big induction rituals. Just fill out the form in the membership brochure and return it to the Foothill Center for Spiritual Living.